We are a non-profit foundation -created by the Ibáñez Atkinson family-, dedicated to generating opportunities that allow people to access and experience culture, as well as value and protect their environment. Our passion for music, reading and the environment moves us to build a better Chile.
Prepare and promote cultural and environmental development projects in the country with special emphasis on the integral development of young people through music, reading and conservation programs.
Build a more cultured and sustainable Chile for the benefit of current and future generations.
Felipe Ibáñez Scott, Tomás Ibáñez Atkinson, Sebastián Ibáñez Atkinson, Antonia Ibáñez Atkinson, Roberto Ibáñez Atkinson, Heather Atkinson Young.
Felipe Ibáñez Scott
Heather Atkinson Young
Antonia Ibáñez Atkinson
Tomás Ibáñez Atkinson
Sebastián Ibáñez Atkinson
Roberto Ibáñez Atkinson
Carlos Lobos Mosqueira
Daniela de Valle González
Antonia Ibáñez Atkinson
Andrés Rodríguez Spoerer
Paula Sousa Silva
Coordinador de Medio Ambiente
Omar Davidson Toro
Emilia Castillo Ureta
Music Manager Educa
Mariana Karachov Beraja
Music Manager Educa
María Jesús Aguirre E.
Head of Educational Projects, Environment Area
Tamara Arce Canales
In charge of the Company Awareness Project, Environment Area
Lorena Lira Ugarte
Reading Manager Educa, Huiscapi
Consuelo Altamirano Quezada
Sports Manager Educa, Huiscapi
Margarita Castillo Vicuña
Manager I'm an Entrepreneur, Huiscapi
María Pía Guzmán
A human team that believes in opportunities and the integral development of people.
- In Music, together with the international consultant and advisor of the Foundation, David Blackburn, an audition is held for Chilean singers who participate to be selected in the semifinal of the Competizione dell`Opera (Russia) contest. Likewise, there is a master class with the Austrian pianist, Helmut Deutsch; a workshop is given led by the luthier and FIA scholarship holder, Pilar Campos, and the German master, Stefan Sielaff; while the Can Sing program brings together 500 children in a play premiered at Teatro del Lago.
- That year, the program “La belleza de cantar”, led by the manager of Music of Fundación Ibáñez Atkinson, Andrés Rodríguez Spoerer, also premiered on Radio Beethoven; and an agreement is signed with the Municipal Theater of Santiago to jointly promote the training of lyrical singers.
- The Música Educa program conducts 10 trainings in musical methods, singing and folklore to 239 teachers in the country.
- In Reading, more than 33 thousand children participate in a new version of the El Placer de Oír Leer contest.
- In Environment, an alliance is sealed with The Nature Conservancy and Project Learning Tree to develop environmental education programs; and with the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, to promote education for sustainable development.
- In Music, Fundación Ibáñez Atkinson performs Latin American auditions for the Paris Opera Competition in Santiago, Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires. Likewise, it seals an alliance with the Beethoven Foundation for the realization of the “Beethoven Va …” program; while the program You Can Sing with the Fundación Teatro del Lago brings together 300 children from 17 choirs in southern Chile.
- In the area of Environment, an environmental education program is created, implemented in two schools in Huiscapi, in alliance with the Kennedy Foundation; and the seminar “Nature, platform for education” is supported, with the presence of the English academic, Pete Higgins.
- Signing of an alliance with the Paris Opera Competition, through which the Ibáñez Atkinson Foundation becomes the official organizer of the auditions in Latin America for this prestigious competition.
- Also in music matters, the international seminar, “The importance of music education in the school curriculum”, is held together with Education Through Music.
- In Reading, an agreement was signed with the Yo Te Leo Foundation to hold the largest open-voice reading contest in the country, “El Placer de Oír Leer”.
- The international seminar “The importance of music education in the school curriculum” is held, in which the experiences of Education Through Music, Papageno Music School, Fundación Teatro del Lago and Música Educa are shared.
- In Reading, the Huiscapi Cuéntame program was born and, within this framework, the book “Popular Stories of Huiscapi” was launched. Likewise, it participates for the first time in the “El Placer de Oír Leer” contest.
- The first steps are taken for the development of the Environment area through a finished study of national and international experiences. In this same matter, an alliance is sealed with the Kennedy Foundation, with whom environmental education courses for teachers are held in Zapallar. In addition, it collaborates with the Bosques de Zapallar Foundation in the creation of two viewpoints; and the seminar “Reconnecting boys and girls with nature” is held together with Fundación Ilumina.
- The Foundation creates the Reading area and seals an alliance with the Crecer con Todos Educational Foundation, with whom it starts the Primero Lee program. In Music signs an agreement with CorpArtes to promote concerts and the development of educational videos; and makes an important contribution to the reconstruction of the Teatro Municipal de Santiago after the fire that affected its premises.
- The seminar “Reconnecting children with nature” is held together with the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- The programs Música Educa -in alliance with Education Through Music-, Red Coral and, in Huiscapi (La Araucanía region), Soy Emprendedor are created. The Foundation also signs agreements with the Teatro del Lago Foundation and the Papageno Music School, with whom it launches the Can Cantar and Do Re Mi programs, respectively.
- Ibáñez Atkinson Foundation is born. The first own program, FIA Scholarships, is created for Chilean musicians.
- The Ibáñez Atkinson family knows various international philanthropic experiences.
- Felipe Ibáñez and Heather Atkinson, along with their children Antonia, Tomás, Sebastián and Roberto, take the first steps to create the foundation.